About the ‘Basic’ Finish Garage Floor Coating
1. We will begin by preparing the surface to receive the new coating. This is achieved by grinding the floor surface with a 20-inch planetary diamond grinder, and hand-grinding the perimeter with 5-inch and 7-inch diamond cups. This process removes foreign materials, creates a profile for the coating to bond with, and opens the pores of the concrete.
2. Repairs will be performed as necessary. Cracks, damage, voids, and spalled concrete will all be filled and feathered out, and will be almost invisible once the coating is finished. We will also bullnose the corners of the car stop and weather seals.
3. You have the option to have Expansion Joints and Control Joints sealed and partially filled. This prevents dirt and debris from building up in them, it eliminates the spaces that insects love, and it gives the floor a seamless look.
4. After that we apply the primer and basecoat, in most cases this is achieved with one generous coat of our UV-Resistant, Low-VOC, 100% solid epoxy giving the floor lots of body, strength, and color. A random spread of decorative vinyl chip is broadcast into the epoxy while it’s still wet. As it dries it will become permanently embedded.
5. The last step in this process is the clearcoat. Our Polyaspartic Urethane will provide a beautiful, glossy sheen that brings out the color in your floor. But more importantly, it provides a layer of armor which is highly resistant to chemicals, abrasion, and impact; protecting your floor and your investment!