Garage Screen by Advanced Screenworks/Lifestyle Screens
It is clear why so many homeowner’s associations approve the use of the Lifestyle system while rejecting all other screen systems. When the Lifestyle screen is not in use the neighbors won’t even know you have it. When in use, the Lifestyle screen adds to the curb appeal of your home. Lifestyle’s optional privacy superscreen meets many homeowner’s associations requirement that the garage be closed at all times.
We offer installation in most of the DFW Metroplex, including: Dallas, Fort Worth, Grapevine, Colleyville, Southlake, Trophy Club, Flower Mound, Lantana, Highland Village, Lake Dallas, Lewisville, The Colony, Plano, Frisco, Argyle, Denton, Coppell, Carrollton, Arlington, Tarrant County, Denton County, Collin County, and Dallas County.<br></br>
1. What is the warranty on the Lifestyle garage screen system?
The manufacturer provides a Limited Lifetime warranty covering the parts. Screen mesh is not included in the warranty. Garage Floors DFW guarantees our installations.
2. Does the Lifestyle screen replace my existing garage door?
No. You will still use your garage door as you normally would. The Lifestyle garage screen system works in conjunction with your existing garage door allowing you to quickly switch between your garage door and your Lifestyle garage screen system. When in use, the Lifestyle garage screen exchanges positions with your garage door.
3. Can you add a locking mechanism to the retractable door?
Yes, the retractable door can be fitted with a locking mechanism at an additional cost. Locking mechanisms are optional.
4. What sizes and colors are available?
Currently, we have 6′ wide to 18′ wide models and 7′, 8′, 9′ and 10′ tall*. The frame is currently available in white, brown and sandstone.
* 9′ and 10′ models available up to 16′ width only.
5. I have storage over my garage doors now. Can the Lifestyle garage screen and my garage door go down so I can access it?
Yes, you will want to open your garage door, roll your Lifestyle garage screen down until it touches the floor, leaving it “kicked back” from the jamb. Then simply disconnect your garage door from the opener with the safety disconnect cord and gently roll the garage door down until it rests on the Lifestyle frame.
(Please refer to the pictures to the side of this question.)
6. How much clearance will I lose from my existing garage door opening when the Lifestyle is installed?
Typically, you will not lose more than 1.75″ of clearance.
7. What is the difference in airflow between the standard 18×14 fiberglass screen and the optional screen material?
You will get approximately 10% more airflow with the standard screen (58%) above optional screen materials (48% airflow).