The Econo Coating is like a do-it-yourself or painter-grade floor on steroids! It is designed for the person who is thinking about doing it themselves, or just needs an inexpensive but cost-effective solution. It offers excellent UV-tolerance, as well as abrasion and chemical resistance.
According to an industry study, around 75% of coatings failures are due to poor surface preparation. The D.I.F.Y utilizes the same professional surface-preparation as our higher-level floors, and the same coating material that we use as a topcoat on all of our systems. We'll let you read between the lines on that one!
It is only available in limited colors, and it comes with a 1-year limited warranty in most cases. This coating is a good fit for would-be Do-it-Yourselfers, first homes, home flippers, and other situations where a less-expensive, but quality solution is needed.
- We will begin by clearing the surface of dirt and debris, and we will remove oil and other stains no matter how bad they are.
- The surface will be prepared by diamond grinding or shot-blasting.
- Only Cracks are repaired with this option, other damage and imperfections are left as is.
- Next it receives the coating – it consists of Polyaspartic Urethane – the same material that we use as a topcoat on our lifetime warranty floors. The decorative chip is immediately broadcast into the wet epoxy in a light, random spread. As it dries it will become permanently embedded. The material will form strong bonds with the concrete.
- We will broadcast aluminum oxide into the surface to provide anti-slip property, as well as improved abrasion resistance.